Monday, December 14, 2009

Quilting Kitty

Over the past few weeks, there has been a flurry of sewing activity around here! We have had two sewing machines set up in the homeschool room (thanks Linda!!) Eme, Abby, and myself have all been quilting up some special projects. I am so proud of my girls - they are making some cool things for Christmas!


I made a quilt top for my MIL back when Abby was a baby (8 years ago!) I gave it to her for Christmas - just the top - and promised her I'd finish it soon! She took it and used just the top for awhile and gave it back to me this past year. So this Christmas, she received it again, this time, finished! Unfortuntely I was so excited to see her open it that I forgot to take a photo!! (much like another quilt that I made and gifted this year! - I've got to get better about that!)


As I was quilting it, I had a surprise visitor!That's Eme's hand - I started taking photos :)


Can you see her curled up next to the sewing machine on the table? She snuggled right up to it all the while I was sewing - even putting her paw on my hand as I guided the fabric through - too cute!!

2 comments:

DOW FAMILY said...

that's so great your girls are learning to quilt! What an invaluable tool!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

he he he he...