Thursday, October 16, 2008

The 2008 Presidential Election - a scary time

I watched the debate last night and I've been researching the candidates. It irritates me that so many are against Sarah Palin, but very little is said regarding Obama'a anti-Americanism. I can't be the only one concerned about the fact that our lead candidate has a predominantly Muslim background; has terrorist contacts (although he says they are just acquaintances); for many years (until his campaign came under fire for it) had a pastor who dislikes whites and America; not to mention a questionable relationship with the group, ACORN (or more info here). This doesn't make mainstream America nervous? They would rather spend their time ridiculing Palin because she's a soccer mom? She's a strong, God-fearing, passionate, America-loving person. They are concerned about her inexperience? If Palin were to become President, she will not be on her own - the President always has many advisers. Our concern is who will the President choose to be advised by? I trust that Sarah Palin will make good choices in her advisers. I can't say the same for Obama.

We've been watching a lot of the Glenn Beck show around here and that has been eye-opening (check out the "Obama National Anthem" under 'featured videos' - yikes).

I'm not a political guru and I never planned to 'talk politics' on my blog. But this situation is scary to me and it's what is on my mind. What do you all think?

By the way, "Joe the Plumber" did a great job on his interview with CNN. I'm tempted to vote for him! Check it out here... Joe the Plumber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, excellent points. Unfortunately, I don't think that most Americans care about these "inconsistencies." They appear to be glazed over by the smooth and very convincing speaking style Oboma possesses. Indeed, it is a time of great anxiety. I have to tell myself all the time, God is in control. BTW, keep up the good work on the blog!
Take care,
Ryan

DOW FAMILY said...

who's ryan? it is a frustrating time and I am glad the debates are over! Time to vote your consience! Whoever Ryan is, I agree, God is in control and it's the only peace I find during these crazy times!