This has been our dilemma for the past 6 months. Which one is really better for the girls? Well, the decision has been made and revised and made again at least 6 times. Today, there is a final decision. The girls are going to public school.
When we took Olivia in to meet her teacher, Eme and Abby started asking me if they could go also. My worry is that they will start and after the newness (I don't think that is a word!) wears off, they will start complaining and want to stay home. And I was really looking forward to the extra time I was going to get with each of them at home.
At the same time, public school offers a lot. Fun field trips, friends, etc. I didn't want the girls to miss out on that either. Plus, I stressed about whether I could adequately cover everything with them. (although I know I can, I just worry!)
Garr woke up at just the right moment (he worked last night). As I was sitting on the couch in tears with the girls around me, getting ready to discuss the school issue for the final time, he appeared. His response? "If they want to go, send them!" But, but, but, I worried! We finally decided to go ahead after some serious words with the girls about sticking to it! I took Abby to the school to enroll her. It was a great experience - they were so kind! I also was able to get her into the class that I had hoped for. She has an awesome teacher.
The girls were so sweet. Eme talked to Garr when I was gone, and told him that if I really wanted to homeschool her, she would. She didn't want me to be sad. And Abby told me she was sorry, she just really wanted to go to school. That warmed my heart. My girls care about others more than themselves.
Honestly, I'm feeling excited now that a decision has been made! The girls are going to do great this year. And I will get some free time! Yay! =]
5 weeks ago