Saturday, January 24, 2009

Random Picture Challenge

This was certainly a challenge. First of all, I was not digital until 2008. So I decided to go with the 30th photo from my August 2008 file. Well, that was a nudie. So I figured I shouldn't post it. (not of me, of course, of Daniel!) So then I did find two files from 2007 that I had gotten put on CD. They were December, but oh well. And it was a really REALLY bad picture of me just after Daniel was born. So I am being a rule-breaker today!! I chose the one after it. So here it is, my 31st photo of my Decemeber 2007 file!


I actually love this photo. It was taken just minutes after Daniel was born. What a precious few moments those are. Meeting your new little one for the first time - examining their little fingers and toes; seeing if he has Grandad's chin or hairline or Daddy's eyes; getting to know this little person. (sigh) It is just an amazing moment in time. I would love to do it again. I think what is hardest for me about not having any more kids is missing out on experiencing those special moments just after birth again. And the newborn phase too - I just enjoy it so much. But I have to remind myself that I have 4 little ones that I can snuggle and study and get to know on a daily basis right now. Such a blessing.

To play along, or see other bloggers who have, check out 4 Little Men and Girly Twins!

1 comment:

Kelli W said...

What a sweet picture! I had to break the rules a little with my picture too, so don't feel too bad!!