Friday, January 23, 2009

Walgreen's Savings

My visit to Walgreen's this morning was quite a success! I got all you see in the picture for $68.36. I did two separate purchases. Walgreen's has the Huggies on sale for $9.99 and then you get a $1 register reward back. Unfortunately the nighttime Pull-ups that I bought were not included in the sale, but I didn't know until I got to the register. The manager price adjusted it for me, so I could get them for the $8.99 price (reg. $12.50)! All 3 packages! Then I found out that you only get one register reward back per transaction. So I lost out on 1 register reward. But since she price adjusted the pull-ups I didn't ask her to give me the extra $1 from the register reward. On top of the sale and rewards, I had coupons for $2 off each of the pull-ups and $1.50 off each of the diapers. (I bought 3 packages of each) Oh and the wipes were on sale for $5.99 (reg $7.99) and I had a $1 coupon off.

The formula was on sale for $12.99 (reg $14.99/2) and I generally pay $12 for that at Target and it saved me a drive. The dish detergent was on sale for 99 cents each. I had a $1 off the Dawn (so earned a penny) and $1 off 3 of the Joy. So they were 3 for $1.98. The laundry detergent was on sale for $4.99 and I had a coupon for $1 off of 2.

Plus there is a $3 coupon out (ends today) on any purchase over $10. I guess I could have broken this down into multiple purchases to keep using the $3 coupon but I didn't think of it until later. Plus I feel kind of bad - like I'm ripping them off! Anyways, I was pleased with my purchases.

I'm so glad to be doing this - I feel like I am really helping my family out. And last night, I was able to bag up some things - soap, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner - and give to a family in our church that could use it. It's nice to do this and be able to share the excess with others.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job as always! Thank you! Love, Mom

Lauren G said...

Hey Jess, I think you did a great job! I forgot how expensive diapers and formula are, but you def. cut back on what the price would be had you not used coupons. I do recommend trying to split it up into different transactions if you can save money though, don't feel guilty about taking the extra time. sometimes I have done up to 9 transactions at CVS at a time. They don't mind as long as you let them know ahead of time, they are used to it! anyways so happy you are saving money for your family, feels good doesn't it!