Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Olivia Shares

Olivia memorized John 3:16 at Awana. She is still learning to read. She has a small pocket Bible that she received for Easter last year. Yesterday, she found the book of John in her Bible all by herself. (We have been doing "sword drills" during Awana to help the kids find verses in the Bible.) She asked me to help her find chapter 3, verse 16. Then, she proceeded to recite the verse as if she was reading it from the Bible. This morning she brought her Bible to me again, open to the correct page, and asked me where verse 16 is. When I showed her, she took her Bible, skipping away, and said, "I'm going to read this to my class today." This just made me smile. My daughter will be sharing the gospel with her classmates today. Who says God isn't allowed in the schools? Certainly not my Olivia!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Olivia!
Keep sharing Jesus with everyone that you meet!
I am so proud of you.
Love you
Amma