Monday, May 10, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

My friend, Mindy, does this on her blog and I enjoy reading details and snapshots of what's happening in her moment. I thought I'd share one here as well.


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it is getting dark and Rocky is still barking off and on


I am thinking...that I am tired and I hope Garr will get home soon and I'm loving the quiet activities my girls have chosen tonight....drawing, coloring, and reading

I am thankful for...a hardworking husband, sweet children, and a big, warm home


From the learning rooms...currently reading, coloring, and drawing. Tomorrow that will be joined by fractions, multiplying, borrowing, pronouns, conjunctions, Moses, Japan, and Gladys Alward.


From the kitchen...fresh baked (Joe Corbi's!) chocolate chip cookies.


I am wearing...blue yoga pants, a comfy t-shirt, and my Uggs.


I am creating...potato bags and nursing covers.


I am going...to bed soon to snuggle up with my little boy (who insists on sleeping in Mama's bed lately.) (I totally don't mind :) )


I am reading...A Well Trained Mind, various blogs, and American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


I am hoping...to finish the school year in the next 5 weeks and to visit Oswego this summer.


I am hearing...the sound of fans humming and my daughter rustling through sewing stuff.


Around the house...extra beds from our company last week...waiting for hubby to have a chance to carry them upstairs


One of my favorite things...sewing


A few plans for the rest of the week: school, Awana, sewing class on Sat, family bd party for my dad here on Sat, cleaning out the barn on Sat morning!


Praying for: clarity, friends, funds


A scripture for today: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous...For the Lord your God will be with you..." Joshua 1:9

A photo to share:



To learn more or to join in, visit A Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

thanks for your comment on my blog... your comment came through as noreply-comment@blogger.com so i can't reply directly.. but i'm open to teaching it as a one day weekend class... suggest it to the shop!