Saturday, April 5, 2008

Quilting

I really love quilting. I've been working on this quilt as a surprise for someone special. I spent last Sunday afternoon quilting. Eme joined me and helped cut threads and group fabrics together. Then Abby joined in also. It was great. I really loved sharing this with my girls. They have been asking me if I will teach them how to quilt also. We are going to start with doll quilts for them.

Then I finangled a rare day to myself on Thursday. Eme went to school, Abby went to work with Grandma, Liv went to a friend's house, and Garr was sleeping for the morning. So it was just me and Danny here. I felt a little guilty - spending an entire day just doing something I love to do. In fact, I spent quite a bit of time telling myself to slow down and enjoy the process. I was hurrying, feeling like I needed to get a lot to done - 'cause how often does this happen?' At any rate, I did get quite a bit accomplished and "mostly" enjoyed my day.

I am machine-quilting this one. In the past, I have just tied off my quilts. It is not going to win any prizes, but I am happy with it for my first time. I just have the borders left to quilt, then I have to make and sew on the binding. I'll post more pictures when it's done and I've given it away.
My sewing machine - it belonged to Garr's Grandma Naomi

The backing fabric - don't you love it?

The quilt (in layers, before quilting) -- Friendship Star Block

Danny, playing with his toys while I quilt

1 comment:

Susanna Joy said...

I love your backing fabric! Beautiful work on the quilt, too.