Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Week of Firsts

It's been a week of firsts. Daniel turned 4 months old on Sunday. On Monday (4.1.08), he surprised us by rolling over (back to front) for the first time. On Tuesday, when we started to give him a bottle, he reached out and took it in his own hands, and held his bottle by himself for the first time. Today (Wed) I put away his 3-6 month clothes and got out his 6-9 month clothes. We went through four 6-9 mo. sleepers - all too short in the torso. So he went to bed in two-piece jammies (9-12 mo size) for the first time tonight.

It's going by too fast. It's funny how when it's your first child, you can't wait for them to reach these milestones. It's so exciting and amazing. Well, it's still exciting and amazing with your last, but there is an element of sadness mixed in. I don't want Danny to be doing these things - I don't want him to get bigger, or start rolling, or become independent of me. Isn't that awful? Of course, I do want him to be able to do these things -- but just not yet. I'm not ready. Every milestone that he reaches puts him one step closer to growing up and away from me. And I'm not ready to lose my baby yet. I may never be.

No comments: